Wednesday, August 25, 2010

She's Out Of My League

She's Out of My League

She's out of my League stars Jay Baruchel and Alice Eve. Kirk (Baruchel) is an ordinary guy working for airport security and still pining for his ex-girlfriend when a series of events lands him face-to-face with a good looking girl. Molly (Eve) is a busy entrepreneur business woman who is tired of getting hurt by the 'same' type of guys. As Kirk and Molly develop a romantic relationship, it is plagued by funny situations, lack of self esteem, and interfering friends. It is a romantic comedy based on the back story of a beautiful woman falling in love with the 'average joe'. 

However, League is in it's own league of romantic comedies. It is very funny with many one liner jokes. This story takes a seemingly overdone genre and creates something new with it. She's out of my League puts a very good twist on romance and self esteem issues. This movie is brilliantly written with a great cast. The actor's play their roles really well, and there is a mixture of different personalities to make the story complete. This movie is on my top pick list, and my only regret is that I need not know what kind of gem it was when it was originally released. While most romantic comedies are great for a rainy day, League has something for everyone. Even macho action type of male audience will  appreciate the facts in this story. It teaches a great lesson in love, self-worth, and when your friends may not know what is best for you. I am giving She's out of my League a gold ticket. (see movie scale)      

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I also have a book review blog and was wondering if you would be interested in trading links? I have a link page and would place your link under book review blogs. http://ssbookreviews.blogspot.com/
    Please let me know if you are interested.

    Take care,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete